Sponsor:

Server and Web Integrator
Link:
Kloxo-MR logo
6.5.0 or 7.0.0
Click for "How to install"
Donation/Sponsorship:
Kloxo-MR is open-source.
Donate and or Sponsorship always welcome.
Click to:
Click Here
Please login or register. 2024-04-27, 18:15:13

Author Topic: Reinstalling Kloxo Fresh with hiawatha-proxy  (Read 4203 times)

Offline LotsOfQ

• Master
    • View Profile
Reinstalling Kloxo Fresh with hiawatha-proxy
« on: 2016-10-02, 06:49:57 »
After so many attempts to switched from Apache to hiawatha-proxy but failed. I am ready to do a new install of Kloxo. Hopefully a fresh install of Kloxo with fixed it. So I have downloaded my latest backup already from "Backup/Restore >> File Manager".

Is there anything I need to know installing Kloxo-Mr that optimizing using hiawatha-proxy? I never have any luck with it working before. Nginx-proxy did work for me before but as you said pagespeed mod doesn't work with it. And I know you recommend hiawatha-proxy.

So can you share what the but way to install kloxo and setup for hiawatha-proxy?

Offline MRatWork

• Administrator
  • The Elite
    • View Profile
    • MRatWork Forum
Re: Reinstalling Kloxo Fresh with hiawatha-proxy
« Reply #1 on: 2016-10-02, 06:53:01 »
Don't use webcache.
..:: MRatWork (Mustafa Ramadhan Projects) ::..
-- Server/Web-integrator - Web Hosting (Kloxo-MR READY!) --

Offline LotsOfQ

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-10-02, 07:31:33 »
Is there more to it? I started with having none for webcache + nginx-proxy. It was working fine then pagespeed starts to have issue with nginx-proxy. Turn off pagespeed and use varnish + nginx-proxy. Learned that varnish doesn't work with https. So I switched to trafficserver.

But without pagespeed mod my google pagespeed score dropped so much. So I decided to turn it back on and use just apache and trafficserver. And that work well. But at pingdom.com my load time seem to dropped.

I recalled you recommending hiawatha-proxy before. So switched to hiawatha-proxy + trafficserver + pagespeed on. Now, switched cache to none. All of the websites seem to load but just hanging doesn't finish loading. All of my websites are wordpress.

I worried that I go through the trouble of a fresh install still with the same issues. I am hoping if you have a guide or steps to share to have this fresh install work well with hiawatha-proxy?

Offline MRatWork

• Administrator
  • The Elite
    • View Profile
    • MRatWork Forum
« Reply #3 on: 2016-10-02, 07:39:47 »
No special steps. This forum server using hiawatha-proxy with 'apache 2.4' enable.

Yes, this forum with 'disable pagespeed' because may trouble for website with high frequency updated (let say forum-type website).

Offline LotsOfQ

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-10-02, 07:48:38 »
Do you recommend going through the trouble of a fresh install? Hiawatha-proxy does it has any issue with wordpress?

Offline MRatWork

• Administrator
  • The Elite
    • View Profile
    • MRatWork Forum
« Reply #5 on: 2016-10-02, 08:24:47 »
Do you recommend going through the trouble of a fresh install? Hiawatha-proxy does it has any issue with wordpress?
No issue for wp (including subdomain-based multi-site wp; not testing for sudirectory-based).

Offline LotsOfQ

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2016-10-02, 10:01:20 »
I did more research on Hiawatha and I am scared that htaccess might be an issue for me. Because I have read that it is written differently.

I don't know why hiawatha-proxy doesn't work for me. I did my best and even thought about doing a fresh install to use it (if it works). But I now remember why I used nginx-proxy instead when I first install kloxo-mr 7. It was because I couldn't get hiawatha-proxy to work and then thought it might be the htaccess. I don't know anything about it for I decided to go with nginx-proxy.

I know you recommend hiawatha-proxy. I saw you mentioned it almost everywhere on this forum and other forums and blogs too, when I did my search. Plus, you said that pagespeed doesn't work with nginx-proxy. So I wanted to try hiawatha-proxy. But doesn't work.

I used Apache + trafficserver + pagespeed + a few wordpress plugins and my google pagespeed scored up; mobile 87 and desktop 94. Never got that before. But the downside is with pingdom my load time went up as well 3.55-6 and even 7 sometimes.

With nginx-proxy + webcache:none + disabled pagespeed + same wordpress plugins my load time at pingdom are below 3.5 every time and even in the 1s. But my google pagespeed score went down also; mobile 65 and deskteop 67.

Is there a way to get mod pagespeed to work with nginx-proxy? Will future updates have this feature working?

Offline MRatWork

• Administrator
  • The Elite
    • View Profile
    • MRatWork Forum
« Reply #7 on: 2016-10-02, 10:08:23 »
Nginx will be trouble if apache using pagespeed in nginx-proxy. No issue for hiawatha-proxy.

So, need pagespeed in nginx itself rather than pagespeed in apache side. For this situation, need nginx with pagespeed include.

Offline LotsOfQ

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2016-10-02, 10:27:41 »
So, need pagespeed in nginx itself rather than pagespeed in apache side. For this situation, need nginx with pagespeed include.

Is there something or a fixed for it that I can apply now? Or you meant that is for future development?

Offline MRatWork

• Administrator
  • The Elite
    • View Profile
    • MRatWork Forum
« Reply #9 on: 2016-10-02, 10:32:01 »
Pagespeed in nginx still unrelease for KLoxo-MR at this moment.

Offline LotsOfQ

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2016-10-02, 10:37:28 »
Pagespeed in nginx still unrelease for KLoxo-MR at this moment.

Thank for that answer. I got I will have to wait for that. Is there away to know when it's release so I can update with it does? Like a notification of updates.

Offline LotsOfQ

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2016-10-03, 05:03:02 »
After trying to fix this issue and failed :(

I am now reinstalling a fresh Kloxo-MR. I have download the backups from admin backups/restore is there anyway repackage it to restore individual domains? Uploading over 3 gb is a long time. I would like to get some of the most important sites up first.

Top 4 Global Search Engines:    Google    Bing    Baidu    Yahoo

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 18 queries.

web stats analysis