Sponsor:

Server and Web Integrator
Link:
Kloxo-MR logo
6.5.0 or 7.0.0
Click for "How to install"
Donation/Sponsorship:
Kloxo-MR is open-source.
Donate and or Sponsorship always welcome.
Click to:
Click Here
Please login or register. 2024-04-28, 19:52:19

Author Topic: DNS Template Assistance.  (Read 6228 times)

Offline goomba

• View Profile
DNS Template Assistance.
« on: 2015-08-29, 01:55:35 »
This is nuts. We've just setup another server using Kloxo-MR 7. as per this guide:
https://github.com/mustafaramadhan/kloxo/blob/dev/how-to-install.txt

Once setup, we try to enter a DNS template, but it want sto use our INISDE IP address, not the outside:. Her is the basic setup:
Internal Lan: 172.168.5.x
External Lan: 111.222.333.444 (everything is setup correctly with our Registrar). We have done this tons of times, once with Kloxo-MR, several times with ISPconfig,, CentosCP and DA. This one has all the tools we need/want, but setting up basic DNS is a hassle.

For this server, we want to use Kloxo-mr to see if some of the bug fixes have been addressed. Well we can't setup a DNS template and we stil have issues with nginx (but that is not the main concern).

We just want to be able to add DNS templates. The only IP address listed up IP addresses is our internal server ip of 172.168.5.199.

Ideas???

Offline MRatWork

• Administrator
  • The Elite
    • View Profile
    • MRatWork Forum
Re: DNS Template Assistance.
« Reply #1 on: 2015-08-29, 02:05:26 »
Create the new one and then update (with click one of them in dns template list)
..:: MRatWork (Mustafa Ramadhan Projects) ::..
-- Server/Web-integrator - Web Hosting (Kloxo-MR READY!) --

Offline goomba

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015-08-29, 02:13:22 »
Thank you for the prompt reply - nice to see.

MR, that's just it - we CAN'T add the outside address. We get an error "unable to bind socket...". We've tried to reread as well.

Again, this is not the first time we have setup panels (of any kind), but we cannot find anywhere to add/enter our external address. And to make sure we weren't complete idiots, we went through every configuration page prior to posting so as to not waste everyoneo's valuable time.

Our server (172.168.5.199) is Nated to the outside. Do we have to have him directly connected to the universe? That would seem to be an odd requirement...

Offline MRatWork

• Administrator
  • The Elite
    • View Profile
    • MRatWork Forum
« Reply #3 on: 2015-08-29, 02:31:27 »
Kloxo (or Kloxo-MR 6.5) check IP with reading ifcfg-* directly but Kloxo-MR 7.0 read from ifconfig and ip command. So, Kloxo (or Kloxo-MR 6.5) have a problem with dhcp-type IP but no issue with Kloxo-MR 7.0.

Kloxo create virtualhost with format '<virtualhost 11.22.33.44:80>' (example for apache) but Kloxo-MR with format '<virtualhost *:80>'. So, Kloxo-MR possible implementing for webserver behind modem/router where you only need modified dns template for using public IP instead private/local IP. That it.

Offline goomba

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2015-08-29, 02:51:29 »
Thanks again, this server has a Static Private Address (172.168.5.199) - he is not Dynamic.

If we can't crate a DNS template, we cannot create a Domain and therefore no Virtualhosts.

We tried to create a Default DNS template using the inside address (i.e. the one address we are allowed to select). Configure DNS1, DNS2 and gateway. We get an error saying the domain [172.168.5.199] is invalid...

We have been using 6.5 for months and have 35 customers with an average of 4 domains/customer. We had a few kinks/bugs to work through but he runs perfectly.

We followed your install steps - exactly, and configure this new server (v7.x) the same (mail setting, LxGuard, Webserver, PHP etc).

Just can't add out external address anywhere in the panel. We just rechecked every page.

Offline MRatWork

• Administrator
  • The Elite
    • View Profile
    • MRatWork Forum
« Reply #5 on: 2015-08-29, 03:15:20 »
No, you don't need add public IP (in 'IP Addesses') and only need modified dns template for change local IP to public IP for 'A record' and then use this modified dns template for your dns setting.

Offline goomba

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2015-08-29, 18:15:02 »
Yikes, I guess I am not explaining this situation.

I CANNOT edit any DNS template, so I cannot add/edit/exchange any "A" record. Again, we can do this fine with 6.5 (several servers in production). As far as we can see, the steps/procedures are the same.

I am out of the office until later today, but when I get back I will spin this guy up and give you access, maybe we're missing something. It is only a test server so I don't care if it gets pooched or someone hacks in. I'll put him on a different private lan (192.168.x.x). It will be pretty much "out of the box" as it was installed.

If this is acceptable, I will advise when he is online.

Offline MRatWork

• Administrator
  • The Elite
    • View Profile
    • MRatWork Forum
« Reply #7 on: 2015-08-29, 18:45:35 »
We can able add/delete/update all 'A record' (including '__base__') in Kloxo-MR 7.0. In Kloxo-MR 6.5, we can't update 'A record' for '__base__'.

Offline goomba

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2015-08-29, 21:35:43 »
We edit as per the attached image. This is how we do this with V6.5.0.f as per your suggestion here: http://forum.mratwork.com/kloxo-mr-technical-helps/ip-address-and-general-setup/msg39059/#msg39059

The point is, we can't even add a DNS Template.

We just setup a 6.5.0.f test server and we can create a DNS template (please refer to attachment). Note of course that we have not edited this template - just created it to point out that we do this in 6.5 but cannot do anything in v7.

Thanks...

Offline MRatWork

• Administrator
  • The Elite
    • View Profile
    • MRatWork Forum
« Reply #9 on: 2015-08-30, 03:28:44 »
I didn't understand about 'but cannot do anything in v7.'?

Offline goomba

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2015-08-30, 14:54:54 »
See attached.

I CANNOT add/edit DNS template.

Offline MRatWork

• Administrator
  • The Elite
    • View Profile
    • MRatWork Forum
« Reply #11 on: 2015-08-30, 15:32:44 »
Primary/Secondary DNS must be in format 'ns1.domain.com' and 'ns2.domain.com'. You can use in format 'ns1.sample.dnst' and 'ns2.sample.dnst' (if your dns template name is 'sample').

Offline goomba

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2015-08-30, 17:09:05 »
Thanks, we figured it out just before reading this. Your commitment to assisting us greatly appreciated.

I think we're good to go. If this version is a stable as our v6 and once we have this all working and figured out, we might be interested in setting up a "Live Demo Site", the current one is flakey at best.

It would be on a high speed backbone, blade server with lots of disk, ram and cpu.

Would this be of interest?

Top 10 Social Networking:    Facebook    Twitter    LinkedIn    Pinterest    Google Plus    Tumblr    Instagram    VK    Flickr    Vine

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 18 queries.

web stats analysis