Sponsor:

Server and Web Integrator
Link:
Kloxo-MR logo
6.5.0 or 7.0.0
Click for "How to install"
Donation/Sponsorship:
Kloxo-MR is open-source.
Donate and or Sponsorship always welcome.
Click to:
Click Here
Please login or register. 2024-03-28, 21:58:40

Author Topic: In reference to: Donation II  (Read 5982 times)

Offline chrisf

• Senior Master
  • Be the change that you wish to see in the world.
    • View Profile
    • Conviction's Hosting
In reference to: Donation II
« on: 2014-08-17, 22:42:38 »
This has been my biggest concern about KloxoMR since moving from Kloxo official.  If you shutdown, or stop working on kloxoMR, we will be left in dark.

You need a dedicated server.  You need sponsorship.  This requires you to contact 'major' hosting providers for a dedi.  If KloXo official can find a major supporter, so should you.

In reference to donations.  I upgraded 4 servers to kloxoMR 6.5.1b and shut down future orders.  6 months ago.  I have been losing money waiting on the multiple php, etc.  Your release date was supposed to be 7 months ago for 6.5.1f.  If I was actually making money, I would donate monthly.  I am not.  I am currently losing money - monthly.

I have been one of the most active members in debugging, figuring out problems, and still have problems that are never addressed, because this project has only 'one' maintainer, you.  Important aspects of the panel, including scavenge, fixtraffic, and other things still remain buggy.  They are needed for monetary and full production of kloxoMR in a shared hosting environment.  Fatal errors, reported, still exist.

Excellent ideas go unused, @spacedust's quota solution, many of my own ideas, things that make it profitable to use kloxoMR, in turn, make donations much easier.

If you started charging, which you can not under GPL license of Kloxo official, you would lose 90% of your users.  Harsh reality is, for 15.00 a month, I can have cPanel, with a dedicated team of techs if a problem arises.  I stay with open source because I LIKE TO CONTRIBUTE to the project.  If I am wasting my time in trying to do so, i'm better off changing panels and reopening orders.  Which means I can stop losing money.

Very hard to hold a project of this size alone.  I foresee this fate to be similar to kloxo official.  Hardly maintained.

It is sad.

I would suggest SEEKING out a hosting company to sponser you.  I do not own any of the boxes I maintain, and am only a VERY small, essentially reseller.

If we move forward and I can open up my orderimg, I will donate monthly.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-18, 02:15:13 by chrisf »
Christopher

Knowledge in: PHP, Perl, MySQL, Javascript, Actionscript, FLASH, HTML, CSS
Server Administrator / Developer: https://convictionshosting.com

Offline fossxplorer

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: In reference to: Donation II
« Reply #1 on: 2014-08-17, 23:17:46 »
@chrisf, i share you concerns as well. I did migrate from cPanel a while back.
I try to donate to my best, but i'm pretty much in the start of my business.

@Mustafa, what about an attempt to find other potential code contributors as this panel is a very promising one!

I really hope won't come into a situation where i need to look for yet another hosting panel!
Kloxo-MR!

Offline insanity

• View Profile
Re: In reference to: Donation II
« Reply #2 on: 2014-08-18, 15:27:29 »
I'm agree with @chrisf.

Several times in the past I offered a dedicated server or couple VPSes depends on Mustafa needs ( for free ), but every time he reject my offer.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-18, 15:29:19 by insanity »

Top 10 Social Networking:    Facebook    Twitter    LinkedIn    Pinterest    Google Plus    Tumblr    Instagram    VK    Flickr    Vine
Click Here

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.

web stats analysis