Sponsor:

Server and Web Integrator
Link:
Kloxo-MR logo
6.5.0 or 7.0.0
Click for "How to install"
Donation/Sponsorship:
Kloxo-MR is open-source.
Donate and or Sponsorship always welcome.
Click to:
Click Here
Please login or register. 2024-03-28, 21:06:11

Author Topic: Kloxo-Mr understanding needed  (Read 9912 times)

Offline Sauron73

• View Profile
Kloxo-Mr understanding needed
« on: 2014-09-22, 01:18:32 »
Hi, newbie here so go gentle with me. I have recently done the rounds trying to find a cpanel alternative after getting my own vps and have found kloxo-mr which seems ideal, and serious alternative to cpanel, which is what everyone out there in hosting land wants.
Can someone please explain in simple english (no offence meant - as I know the creator and others are not) the difference between 6.50.f (Final) and 7.0.0.b (Beta).

Obviously 7 is beta version and is prone to bugs, and 6.5.0 is stable.
What I don't understand is the refernce to 6.5.1 in the forums. Is this the version before 7??
If so does this mean that 6.5.0.f will never develop further?
Will version 7 in time become a Final) version and replace 6.5.0 or should I just install the beta version and go with it, bugs and all?

What are the main differences and is there any major issues installing on a Centos 6.5 server?

Thank you.

Offline MRatWork

• Administrator
  • The Elite
    • View Profile
    • MRatWork Forum
Re: Kloxo-Mr understanding needed
« Reply #1 on: 2014-09-22, 05:31:25 »
1. Versioning model in Kloxo-MR is alpha, beta, candidate and Final. Example 6.5.0.a, 6.5.0.b, 6.5.0.c and 6.5.0.f
2. Final version mean no 'new features' and only update related to major bugfixes and security issues
3. Kloxo-MR 7.0.0 is 'rename' from 6.5.1 and change their rpm from kloxomr-6.5.1* to kloxo7-7.0.0*. With this change, no need special repo and make simple update/downgrade
4. Kloxo-MR 6.5.0 basically is Kloxo Official (based on 6.1.12) but with more bugfixes and add nginx and lighttpd/nginx-proxy
5. Kloxo-MR 7.0.0 is jump to long step. Have new 'features' like 'new skin', new web and dns services, possible use multiple php (in progress), add webcache like varnish and many mores.
6. Because Kloxo-MR 7.0.0 still in beta, will be update in everyday to fix new 'bug' and or implementing new features.
7. No major issues installing Kloxo-MR in CentOS 6. VPS for this forum using Kloxo-MR 7.0.0 in CentOS 6.5

Note:
- Kloxo-MR may trouble if installing in OpenVZ with burst memory in less then 1GB guarantee memory. It's more related to yum issue rather than Kloxo-MR issue. Need a trick.
..:: MRatWork (Mustafa Ramadhan Projects) ::..
-- Server/Web-integrator - Web Hosting (Kloxo-MR READY!) --

Offline Sauron73

• View Profile
Re: Kloxo-Mr understanding needed
« Reply #2 on: 2014-09-26, 22:54:40 »
Thank you for your response, every question answered and pretty much confirmed that the way to go for new features etc is down the "7" route

Top 10 Social Networking:    Facebook    Twitter    LinkedIn    Pinterest    Google Plus    Tumblr    Instagram    VK    Flickr    Vine

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.

web stats analysis