Sponsor:

Server and Web Integrator
Link:
Kloxo-MR logo
6.5.0 or 7.0.0
Click for "How to install"
Donation/Sponsorship:
Kloxo-MR is open-source.
Donate and or Sponsorship always welcome.
Click to:
Click Here
Please login or register. 2024-03-28, 21:55:58

Author Topic: Moving use to new server  (Read 3162 times)

Offline gacott

• View Profile
Moving use to new server
« on: 2016-07-23, 07:05:20 »
So I created a user as a reseller. Then I wanted to assign them to their own server just for their customers. So I click on the user, the servers and pick the server I want to assign them to with webserver, mail and mysql, then I get this message: Alert: Could not ZIP dir /home/user-name. Now I know it's the web dir that's causing this. Is this the correct way of going about what I am trying to do? And if so, how do I get around the error? If not, what should I be doing?

Thanks

Offline fossxplorer

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: Moving use to new server
« Reply #1 on: 2016-07-23, 14:28:52 »
I've invested quite some time on testing master slave functionality and it seems moving/assigning existing users to another server doesn't work at all :(
Obviously, when moving things are zipped  and then unzipped, also for moving DBs dump, and this part doesn't work. Worst part is moving a clients DB server to a different server, it's reported successful, but all DB data is lost!

See:
 https://forum.mratwork.com/kloxo-mr-tips-and-tricks/%28warning%29don%27t-move-database-to-a-slave/msg52401/#msg52401
https://forum.mratwork.com/kloxo-mr-development/slave-change-password/msg52268/#msg52268

I've asked @Mustafa to fix this as it can be a big issue really. But he is ofc limited on time.
Maybe more donation helps to give this priority?
Please consider donation!
Kloxo-MR!

Top 4 Global Search Engines:    Google    Bing    Baidu    Yahoo

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.

web stats analysis