Sponsor:

Server and Web Integrator
Link:
Kloxo-MR logo
6.5.0 or 7.0.0
Click for "How to install"
Donation/Sponsorship:
Kloxo-MR is open-source.
Donate and or Sponsorship always welcome.
Click to:
Click Here
Please login or register. 2024-03-28, 10:38:01

Author Topic: Web Server not working  (Read 6364 times)

Offline josifbg

• View Profile
Web Server not working
« on: 2014-04-21, 22:52:43 »
After the recent updates the problems appears as the web server is not working.

First the Hiawatha were set as default (from the update).

I seceded to change it to apache but this solve the problem for a while.

Now apache is not working at all and thank god the nginx save my a** as i`ve website on production.

I`ve applied all fixes without success....

Offline Kloxo-DR

• View Profile
Re: Web Server not working
« Reply #1 on: 2014-04-21, 23:40:21 »
If this does not work, then you are responsible to make an update because, as my experience of Kloxo-MR is, many things just does not work at all.

It appears that you have already done changes from apache to nginx and back again in switch programs, right?

If you want someone to help, then you have to give more information to all experts who have similar experience of services not working after updates.

Give us:

sh /script/sysinfo

and other infos.

Offline josifbg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-04-22, 06:23:45 »
I didn`t switch back from nginx to apache...

And why there is an update if it`s not working?

Or i should follow the forum and every single post you guys write to know when to update and when not to.

Before the update everything was ok...

Here is my Info:

A. Kloxo-MR: 6.5.0.f-2014041803

B. OS: CentOS release 6.5 (Final) x86_64

C. Apps:
   1. MySQL: mysql55-5.5.37-1.ius.el6.x86_64
   2. PHP: php53u-5.3.28-2.ius.el6.x86_64
   3. Httpd: --uninstalled--
   4. Lighttpd: --uninstalled--
   5. Nginx: nginx-1.5.13-1.el6.x86_64
   6. Qmail: qmail-toaster-1.03-1.3.38.mr.el6.x86_64
      - with: courier-imap-toaster-4.1.2-1.3.16.mr.el6.x86_64
   7. Dns: bind-9.9.5-1.el6.x86_64

D. Php-type (for Httpd/proxy): php-fpm_event

E. Memory:
                total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
   Mem:          5851        885       4966          0         38        223
   -/+ buffers/cache:        622       5229
   Swap:        11999          0      11999

Offline Kloxo-DR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-04-22, 09:23:30 »
Hi,

Well, you have all the latest rpms and kloxomr! Everything is fine and perfect!

Try to change the webserver to apache abd back again to see which combination works.

Also try to change webserver settings like phpfpm, etc. in these changes. In one of these combinations, you will find that it works.

If there was a php update or change during this play, then you need to reboot the server.

I solved it once by downgrading php to php 5.3.3 and rebooting. Then I changed apache to nginx and back again. Thereafter, I had a working php 5.3.3, phpfpm with worker and apache. Only thereafter, I change the php to a higher one, rebooted. It worked.

Here, you should also apply sh /script/fix-all as well because there are certain configuration that need to be generated through scripts.

By doing so, you are generating several config files, and reboot if necessary.

I have realized never to make updates as I found that updates screw the installation of functioning services and brings the production server down. It becomes a nightmare to bring it up again, if certaiin things require complex understanding of the problem involved.

Kloxo-MR really became a very good panel after Mustafa started his military action of ironing bugs and pouring features.

One one side Mustafa did a fantastic job, as a one man show, but on the other side one also needs to understand the downside and drawback of this situation. But then he also suffers from overconfident,that everything is working on his production servers, and adamont attitudes in certain areas.

Because Mustafa does not follow a system of release candidate and releases his excellent work, that functions on his testing servers, then it gets tested on production servers. Many times things does not work and brings the servers down.

An update of rpms by Mustafa is never garanteed to function on production servers. This may not really relate to his work directly. It could also relate on certain other dependencies, etc. or there are several other factors. And thats a problem.

Never make an update unless there is a security update accounced. See if that update goes trough and becomes stable. Never make an update, just because a new feature came up.

The good thing is that you have certain basic fix scripts that helps you to repair your installation to kick it going but not always 100% sure. Mind you this is a free software. So one cannot also expect any garanteed support.

Offline MRatWork

• Administrator
  • The Elite
    • View Profile
    • MRatWork Forum
« Reply #4 on: 2014-04-22, 11:39:01 »
To make sure, try access your cp.domain.com and webmail.domain.com. If it's look un-normal (no listing or blank) that mean something with php. So, try change 'php-type' to other (let say mod_php_ruid2) and then change back (let say php-fpm_event).

Different with nginx/lighhtpd/hiawatha (remember, hiawatha for website and not for panel) only have 1 mechanism for communicate between web server and php (only fastcgi to php-fpm). For apache, many mechanisms like mod_php, suphp, fcgid and fastcgi (call as php-fpm) series. So, too many options make confuse for user, dev and apache itself. I say apache confuse because sometimes switch to different php-fpm not smooth.
..:: MRatWork (Mustafa Ramadhan Projects) ::..
-- Server/Web-integrator - Web Hosting (Kloxo-MR READY!) --

Offline Kloxo-DR

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-04-22, 12:04:12 »
Hello Mustafa,

Once, while changing the usual game, I found that the repo for nginx was disabled. So it did not work after the change and brought me in a situation to trouble shoot area.

I suggest that you enter into these changing script to enable and disable things that are really meant for and to assure that the repo is made available for the change.

For beginers, it is very difficult to see all this.

Offline MRatWork

• Administrator
  • The Elite
    • View Profile
    • MRatWork Forum
« Reply #6 on: 2014-04-22, 12:16:18 »
Kloxo-MR not using nginx from nginx repo but centalt. Nginx repo exists in mratwork.repo just for 'emergency' or 'costumize' (let say as 'alternative').
..:: MRatWork (Mustafa Ramadhan Projects) ::..
-- Server/Web-integrator - Web Hosting (Kloxo-MR READY!) --

Top 4 Global Search Engines:    Google    Bing    Baidu    Yahoo

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 23 queries.

web stats analysis