Sponsor:

Server and Web Integrator
Link:
Kloxo-MR logo
6.5.0 or 7.0.0
Click for "How to install"
Donation/Sponsorship:
Kloxo-MR is open-source.
Donate and or Sponsorship always welcome.
Click to:
Click Here
Please login or register. 2024-03-28, 23:24:48

Author Topic: The future of Kloxo-MR  (Read 45025 times)

Offline amitkumar

• Valuable Member
    • View Profile
    • webquicksolution
Re: The future of Kloxo-MR
« Reply #30 on: 2017-12-26, 22:06:05 »
I am also losing the hope now.

Offline putude

• Valuable Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2017-12-30, 00:53:30 »
I already switch two of three servers into VestaCP.
Very sad losing the advantage of Kloxo-MR. But the good news is the clamav+sanesecurity works very well while Kloxo-MR doesn't.

Offline Spacedust

• Super Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2018-01-03, 19:12:50 »

Offline hostingan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2018-01-15, 04:44:05 »
is it ethical to fork someone's personal project like this?

most of us are just ordinary user of his work, and got so much benefit from mratwork. don't we patient a little bit to wait his answer in this case?

Offline barrysmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2018-01-15, 09:55:48 »
being around open source software most of my latter life, this is the premise of the concept.  One person's pet project can easily become the next cpanel/whm killer.  Kloxo-mr is the most complete competitive product I've seen in this category.  Mustafa chose open source as the delivery mechanism of a truly great web interface to manage a slew of other open source software.  Mustafa did not create any of the underlying software, even the original control panel, kloxo, yet he took it to the next level, and has now been dormant for an extended period of time.  others are now free to build on his work.  There are so many abandoned projects, that this is truly an honor that the codebase is being picked up, and extended.  Just my opinion.

Offline mehawk

• Valuable Member
    • View Profile
    • Xplore Tech
« Reply #35 on: 2018-01-16, 09:49:25 »
Have anyone heard from Mustafa? I am really concerned about him. We should help him in any we can to continue the development of Kloxo-MR. We need to share work with him so that. For example i was thinking of making a portfolio site for Kloxo-MR to promote it and writing wiki to help out new users and we also need to secure the repository to make this project ever growing. I don't like the idea of shifting efforts towards a new fork but its only my opinion and I don't expect everyone to be agreed on that. But now I really feel Mustafa has done his part and its time we should also get to work because the way I see it Kloxo MR is a true cpanel killer. If we give time & efforts to Kloxo MR we can make truly break cpanel's market share. The road map should be to first refine Mustafa's work making every option in the panel stabls then complete its documentation enhance its API then we should work on writing integration for popular script. Remember its just a suggestion. I know you are all more experienced & wiser than me.

Best Regards,
Mehroz Anjum
Website Designing, Development, Kloxo MR Based Hosting : https://www.xploretech.net | https://www.heraldlynx.com
Social Network: https://www.socialbees.me

Offline luckytanuki

• View Profile
    • Kloxo Next Generation
« Reply #36 on: 2018-01-17, 06:07:18 »
The KloxoNG (next generation) project is underway. It takes time to set up these things but things are starting to move. There is a basic roadmap at https://github.com/KloxoNGCommunity/kloxoNG-CP/wiki . The important thing at the moment is setting up a working alternative distribution and installation system so we aren't reliant on mratwork's network for installations. Then we'll be looking at bug fixes and hopefully develop a responsive theme.

Offline alex_fear

• Valuable Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2018-04-19, 18:43:43 »
Hello. There is already a working beta. For installation and testing?

Offline hostquota

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2018-04-19, 19:30:06 »
I will be honest with you, without MR Kloxo is dead. KloxoNG are very unhelpful, I tried asking a question via facebook to be basically told "well it works for me"...what kind of support is that?
Over 7 years I've tried to use Kloxo as my panel of choice, but I have never been able to achieve a successful installation, neither as Kloxo, KloxoMR or KloxoNG, and no one has ever been helpful. It seems that anyone who has a successful installation does not want to help anyone who is having a problem. I have never come across such an unhelpful community as those involvedf with any Kloxo distribution.
I do not believe that anyone has ever installed this successfully, I don't believe Kloxo works, I don't believe it has ever worked and I don't believe it ever will. If it was capable of working, then why does no one ever want to be helpful? Why does everyone shut up when I point out problems?
It's the most disappointing panel ever, and that's because if it functioned it would be the best OS panel ever. It looks promising, but all it is is show. Webmail does NOT work, has NEVER worked, and I do not believe that it ever will because nobody at all adresses the issue when I point it out. Anyone who say's Kloxo's webmail works, is a liar and will remain a liar until they show me absolute proof that it works, rather than saying "it works for me". If it works, then why can nobody tell me why it wpon't work for me? I've tried dozens of installations over the past 7 years. I have successfully installed a wide range of other open source panels, but have never achieved working webmail with kloxo. So I've given up again. Until now, I used to try kloxo again, each time I purchased a new server, and each time I've had to uninstall and use something else, because as I mentioned Kloxo does not have a working webmail. I have dozens of servers running different panels, from Ajenti to zxpanel, the only one that does not function is kloxo, and kloxo also has the most unhelpful community. I even offered MR £100 to set it up for me, but he failed to do so. £100 is about 120 USD, so it was a fair offer. After the absolutely impolite reply from KloxoNG via facebook, I now consider Kloxo in all it's versions as a panel that will never work, and I will never try to use it again, I've wasted so many hours, and been told so much nonsense. Admit it guys, you're just making up b/s. Kloxo simply does not have and never will have working emails. Even MR couldn't sort it out when I gave him logi in details, two years ago! Waste of time and very annoying.

Offline alex_fear

• Valuable Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2018-04-19, 20:54:46 »
My mail works very well. Yes there were problems but these were my shoals, as a proof I can create a client for you or just throw a screenshot on the mail work mail. Solve me in PM.

Offline hostquota

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2018-04-19, 21:29:02 »
Alex fear, do you see what you did there? You said "it works well for me" but provided no advice as to why it has never worked for me. It's a useless and unhelpful answer, but it's the only answer I ever get. How is that helpful?
I could actually sit at my pc all day and night for a month, waiting for a helpful answer as to what might be preventing webmail from working for me, but the most I'll ever get is "It works well for me".
As I said before, I even offered to pay a decent amount of money, and gave MR my login details, and the next day he mailed me saying it was done, but it wasn't. That was 2 years ago, and I've used IMSCP instead for the past two years.
I used to consider that Kloxo would be the best open source panel for me, for various reasons, but it's kind of incredible that no one ever suggests an answer.
I'm glad it works well for you. Perhaps one day, others might feel generous enough to offer some support, but I honestly believe I would have created my own fully functioning control panel from scratch, by the time that comes. You offer to send me screen shots, but you offer no advice, as usual. Anyone can fake screenshots.

Offline luckytanuki

• View Profile
    • Kloxo Next Generation
« Reply #41 on: 2018-04-20, 01:33:36 »
You wont get any official help from KloxoNG as we are on hold at the moment. You just got a reply from another member of the group.

I'll be doing a test build of NG soon but there will be a lot of bug fixing of the MR code needed before we can do a release.

If you can detail your problems as an issue on our Github, we can try to address them before our  release - https://github.com/KloxoNGCommunity/kloxoNG-CP/issues   

Offline hostquota

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2018-04-20, 02:29:02 »
Lucky Tanuki: I've actually uninstalled Kloxo, I never expected it to work anyway, but each time I setup a new server for myself I give it a go again, just in case someone has actually got it working. There are no details really, other than webmail does not work, there is no webmail page, it simply does not exist. Page not found, simple as that.
I actually made a mistake when I said earlier that I've tried every version of kloxo over the past 7 years, I should have said that I've tried installing every version of kloxo at least twice a year since 2007. Kloxo original, KloxoMR and now KloxoNG, and not only does webmail not exist, but no one has ever been willing to help.
It's a shame because we are not all clever in everything, we all have our own skills and it would be nice if we were not so relluctant to help others, but as you can see, both on Kloxong facebook page and on here, I get rather unhelpful answers.."it works for me".
If you guys all want to keep it a secret amongst yourselves, and do not like the idea of others being able to benefit from it, fair play to you, but you should call it 'closed shop' rather than 'open source'.
I've come to realise the most unhelpful people on the internet are developers, who tend to think that everyone should have a dozen degrees if they want to use kloxo. Lighten up guys, if you were a bit more friendly you might attract more developers.
I should add that I did a lot in the past to find developers for the original Kloxo before it disappeared altogether, because I firmly believed in it, but no one wanted to know. And as you know Kloxo died a death. If you guys keep on being so stuck up about it, now that MR isn't about, KloxoMR will disappear too. Give people a chance guys, not me because I no longer believe in it nor the developers, but if you want it to survive for yourselves, then you're going to have to start wanting to help.
Sorry people, but for me Kloxo has always been a non runner, it never worked, it never will do, not until someone starts being decent enough to help others. The most imploite developers are Kloxo developers. Hope MR resurfaces for all your sakes. Bye.

Offline luckytanuki

• View Profile
    • Kloxo Next Generation
« Reply #43 on: 2018-04-20, 03:37:33 »
There isn't really any Kloxo developers. The original developer is dead, the documentation is almost non-existent and the code is un-commented.

There isn't a closed shop, the big problem is that no one understands Kloxo. 

Kloxo-MR is like the car Homer Simpson designed. It is Kloxo with extra things bolted to it but not tested properly. It is buggy, overly complicated and again no one understands it.

It is also very powerful, if you are lucky enough for it to install properly and actually work. If it doesn't install properly it is difficult to fix because no one really knows how to. The standard answer to most problems on this forum is to reinstall and hope it works.

Anyway this is ridiculous scenario for mission critical hosting environments and need to be fixed. Hopefully the KloxoNG team will improve the software and installation, but we are a very small group of volunteers and it will take many months of work.   
« Last Edit: 2018-04-20, 03:39:29 by luckytanuki »

Offline alex_fear

• Valuable Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2018-04-20, 09:25:22 »
I can not understand people who do not write their problem and write negative reviews, although it is not. I was not denied aid, even when the HDD died. Mustafa helped restore the broken database. I really hope that the project will live. Since this is the best panel I've seen, yes there are problems but they are still solved. I will be very happy about the release of Beta and I'm ready to be a tester.

Top 4 Global Search Engines:    Google    Bing    Baidu    Yahoo
Click Here

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.

web stats analysis