Sponsor:

Server and Web Integrator
Link:
Kloxo-MR logo
6.5.0 or 7.0.0
Click for "How to install"
Donation/Sponsorship:
Kloxo-MR is open-source.
Donate and or Sponsorship always welcome.
Click to:
Click Here
Please login or register. 2024-03-28, 11:36:24

Author Topic: sorry, no mailbox here by that name (chkuser) -- FIXED!  (Read 9296 times)

Offline Actual

• View Profile
I have two mailboxes set up on the same kloxo-mr server (currently 6.5.1.b-2014041203). Both mailboxes have worked since this server was on 6.5.0 and have continued to work throughout several 6.5.1.b upgrades. Now, one of them is no longer working, but the other still is.

When I send to the non-working one I get:

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<mail@mydomainname.co.uk>:
Remote host said: 550 5.1.1 sorry, no mailbox here by that name (chkuser) [RCPT_TO]

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

I have tried various reboot, cleanall, restart-mail, restart-all, manual stop/start of qmail, reboot again
all to no avail.

What to fix?
« Last Edit: 2014-04-19, 18:59:49 by Actual »

Offline Kloxo-DR

• View Profile
Re: sorry, no mailbox here by that name (chkuser)
« Reply #1 on: 2014-04-19, 15:40:07 »
Here is the solution:

1)
Copy all files of both mailboxes under /home/lxadmin/domains/mailbox_name as well as the html under home.

2)
Make a complete backup of the client.

3)
Delete the domain of the client.

4)
Run:
sh /script/cleanup
Reboot if any php update.

5)
Create the domain under the client.
Run:
sh /script/fix-all

6)
Either restore the back up created earlier or create email boxes as before and copy emailbox + html copied under 1) above to the same location.

The idea is to clean the system under qmail, mysql and html everywhere. The run scripts are not always successful in these cases.

Everything is a waste of time and too many discussions here. Just take the short cut like above and you are done.

Offline Actual

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-04-19, 16:03:32 »
This is exactly what I was talking about on this thread:

http://forum.mratwork.com/kloxo-mr-technical-helps/fatal-error-when-upgrading/

This is not something that I can do a lot. It means significant down-time for the server. Surely there must be another way?

As an addendum to above, I run 2 domains on one server (a .com and a .co.uk). The .comworks fine (all emails work as they should). The .co.uk I tried adding a new mailbox and that also could not receive emails with the same error. However, they can send. Weird huh?

Any fix without re-installing the whole client?

Offline Kloxo-DR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-04-19, 16:57:16 »
Hi,
Any fix without re-installing the whole client?

Well, the fix scripts method means you take the short cut in time, because it requires less technical expertise. Because you ask this question it shows that you do not have that required technical expertise, right.

Of course there are other advanced methods without any down time. Try to generate cdb asssign files, remove rcphosts, etc. But you should know how to do that. It is difficult to place the whole tutorial for that.

It apppears that the user details are not in harmony with cdn files. With this hint try to apply advanced methods of bring it in harmony with it.

Begin with making spamdyke with debug modus. Then use in command line with # "spamdyke-qrv -vv" for an excessive verbose output. Then you will see where it fails. See if you could correct that...

Offline Actual

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-04-19, 18:09:31 »
I see what you are saying, but do not agree. Config changes/repairs or upgrades to one service should not require complete removal of an entire domain or client. Yes, I do have some server technical expertise - I would very much like to have my email working but without the hassle of taking my entire domain down over Easter weekend.

I admit to not being a CentOS superuser, but I know enough to maintain a stable server and know where my limits are.

Kloxo-MR is a great system, and if the little project I have running could justify the cost of course I would be on cpanel. The project is tiny, but while I try and build it up to something I need to keep costs low (aka free LOL!). Kloxo-MR fits the bill in helping me keep my costs low and I thank MR for that!!! :-)

Anyway, as I am away from home over Easter, I was hoping for a quick fix, rather than a domain rebuild - which I really need to do from home.

It's worth noting that the email misconfigure has come about because of a Kloxo-MR upgrade I did just before I came away for Easter, and my point is that an upgrade should not do this.

Offline Actual

• View Profile
Re: sorry, no mailbox here by that name (chkuser) -- FIXED!
« Reply #5 on: 2014-04-19, 18:59:28 »
Fixed with various combinations of yum reinstall *-toaster, upcp, cleanall and multiple reboots.
I think I read that sometimes upcp needs to be run twice? Did I read that right? Unsure why that would be though...

Offline Kloxo-DR

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-04-19, 21:03:20 »
Hi,

You did that and placed your message within an hour.

My suggestion would have required ten minutes!

I did not suggest you to remove the client but the domain only. removing a client means installing a new unix user. This would have been my next suggestion.

By doing the removal of the client and domain one forces kloxomr to subsequently force centos and qmail to re-read everything and re-write in all configuration files.

For example: The unix user ID is inserted in cdb file, I think.

Then by deleting the client and recreatuing a new one, one gets a new UserID from unix. This goes into those cdb files when recreating the domains and email boxes.

While your playing helped you, my suggestion would still have helped within ten minutes by this way. No down time for a week end. Further this method is a garanteed solution as it starts from the configuration fresh. Only customer data is repopulated.

What I sincerly agree is the features of free kloxo and kloxomr. It is great that Mustafa has continued the basic intention of kloxo, and his late programmer Ligesh. I spoke with Ligesh by telefone in 2008 in this regards. Mustafa does it all fine and continues his spirit except delivering a buggy kloxomr, which Ligesh strickly never ever wanted want to.

To add my anger and associate it with your:

Today, while working, the custom port of kloxomr got changed to the default one.

After I came back from shopping and writing the above message until now, the system monitor or webmin has sent 400 emails to me to declare failure in httpd restart.

After I attempted to manually restart httpd, I received: httpd service not found.

I gulped for a while seeing a blackhole before my eyes. In 1983 I learned Fortran and Cobol. Since 1997 I run Redhat and now centos server. This kind of nonesense have never occured to me with any version of webmin or centos. It became like this only with Kloxo-MR.

Kloxo-MR has gone to nuts and became very troublesome in the last weeks and months, really funky. Its worth saving life energy by paying five dollars rather than receiving 400 emails and buring life energy much more.

Offline Kloxo-DR

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2014-04-19, 21:10:44 »
A smal note to above off topic:

yum install httpd installed apache. I could restart.

So, yes. You are right: Kloxo-MR is a funny, ridiculous and naughty monster recently! Very unreliable!!!

Top 4 Global Search Engines:    Google    Bing    Baidu    Yahoo
Click Here

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 22 queries.

web stats analysis