Sponsor:

Server and Web Integrator
Link:
Kloxo-MR logo
6.5.0 or 7.0.0
Click for "How to install"
Donation/Sponsorship:
Kloxo-MR is open-source.
Donate and or Sponsorship always welcome.
Click to:
Click Here
Please login or register. 2024-03-28, 21:05:22

Author Topic: KloxoMR 7 - Admin Backup fails for clients with home folder over 3GB  (Read 12350 times)

Offline mmiguel948

• View Profile
Hi, i have an issue with Admin Backup that fails for clients where the home folder exceeds 3GB...

content of backup log:

16:46 Aug/03/2020: Taking backup of 'client:<client_name>'
16:50 Aug/03/2020: - Alert: Failed backup of 'client:<client_name>'
16:50 Aug/03/2020: * Kloxo Backup on 2020-Aug-03 at 16 Hours - Kloxo Backup Succeeded for 'admin' to 'local backup'
16:50 Aug/03/2020: *** Backup from 'admin' user - END ***

is there any limit for backups? Where can we change it?

Thank you for your support,
Best Regards,
Miguel

Offline atljohnsen

• Valuable Member
    • View Profile
My admin client is more than 3GB, and I have not had any issues. As fare as I know there is no settings in the panel that limits the size of backup. 

Offline mmiguel948

• View Profile
Hi,
Thank you for your response.

As soon as the home folder of client <client_name> (/home/<client_name>) exceeds 3GB the backup fails. We managed to delete some files from the site of <client_name> client (/home/<client_name>/<domain_name>.com) and keep it below 3GB the backup runs sucessfull.

But its strange because i've tested in another Kloxomr server and same behaviour.

We must have some configuration made by us or not made by us (missing configuration) that could cause this issue.

Where can i start searching for clues for what is happening in our servers?

Thanks for your support,
Best regards,
Miguel

Offline atljohnsen

• Valuable Member
    • View Profile
Hi again. I also have the same situation sometimes, getting an email from the server that backup failed - could not upload. But when I check the backup server, I find that the files have been uploaded fine.  A few times only I have seen uncompleted file transfere leaving a small  filesize in the backup server. I guess you are a backup server outside of your live server. Could it be because of the long time it takes to upload a large file to remote server, especially if bandwith is low, and causes something to time out.
I whish Mustafa would be here and give some advice. 

Offline mmiguel948

• View Profile
Hi,
the admin backup is schedule on the "live" server, not remote. The kloxomr server preforms an admin backup of it self and its clients.

I always receive a email stating the backup runs successful but when I check the size of tgz file ("kloxomr70-scheduled-admin-date-time.tgz") it has about 300MB of information (information from the clients before the client with more than 3GB on his home folder). I know for sure the backup failed and I can see that on the log I mentioned in this post. When the backup of all clients runs successful the file has about 7.5GB.

I wish that Mustafa was here also, may be he can share some clues that can solve this mystery! :)

Thank you all for the support!
Miguel

Offline wordpress

• View Profile
    • www.wpidn.com
had the same issue, solved with this infomation.
Thank you.

Top 10 Social Networking:    Facebook    Twitter    LinkedIn    Pinterest    Google Plus    Tumblr    Instagram    VK    Flickr    Vine
Click Here

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 21 queries.

web stats analysis