Sponsor:

Server and Web Integrator
Link:
Kloxo-MR logo
6.5.0 or 7.0.0
Click for "How to install"
Donation/Sponsorship:
Kloxo-MR is open-source.
Donate and or Sponsorship always welcome.
Click to:
Click Here
Please login or register. 2024-04-29, 02:23:25

Author Topic: In need of help (DNS) mostly. I killed my wifes blog!  (Read 3228 times)

Offline kransbox

• View Profile
First off I read this, so I'll respond accordingly: 

http://forum.mratwork.com/kloxo-mr-development/(attn)-generally-vital-pieces-of-information-when-asking/

1.  I'm trying to host the wife's wordpress blog on my own VPS (CloudAtCost) using the KLOXO-MR control panel on centos 6.5.  I am a complete novice on linux and am only beginning to conceptually understand it.  I have followed online tutorials in building these servers found here:

http://www.servermom.org/tag/kloxo-mr/

2.  I dont have error messages per say.  All I have is the inability to reach my website.  When I view the website through the KLOXO-MR domain tool and check the DNSLess Site preview I get the following:
Code: [Select]
If you are seeing this page, it means that the Domain has been successfully configured on the machine, but the files has not been uploaded yet.

Please contact the adminstrator for the login information.
This is good (I think).  When I try to view webpage (woolywishes.com) I get this
ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
3.  My current configuration is pretty much standard.  I'm running everything through Admin (no other user).  I've setup my Nameservers through cloudflare and have put them in the appropriate places in the DNS template and at ixwebhosting (who is hosting my domain name).  When I check the DNS through leaf.dns I get this

http://leafdns.com/index.cgi?testid=79467E6A

Everything looks fine except the bottom where it gives the IP.  The IP of the server it is supposed to be on is 162.219.3.3. (The last dot is a period).  The IP listed here belongs to ixwebhosting (dont worry about the MX error).  I also have woolywishes.com selected as the default domain in the MR control panel.

I've rebooted the server, restarted appache, etc.. and just cant get anywhere.

4.  I've tried the nameservers from ixwebhosting.  I've tried the nameservers from cloudflare.  I've tried different versions of centos.  I've tried different control panels (this and Centos WP).  I've tried binding dns through various google searches.  I'm just at a loss.  I don't know what I don't know.  Conceptually, I'm not sure where I mis-stepped.  I can ping the IP address.  I can login to the MR web panel and I can change just about every setting by my url does not reach my server.

5.  Centos 6.5, cloudatcost

I could make a screen capture of everything I do and post it for review if that would help further.  I'd even allow someone to remote in and fix this.  I've (ashamedly) been working on this for three days and I've just about given up.

« Last Edit: 2016-01-01, 20:30:13 by kransbox »

Offline kransbox

• View Profile
Re: In need of help (DNS) mostly. I killed my wifes blog!
« Reply #1 on: 2016-01-01, 20:34:51 »
I just found these errors in my log

[Fri Jan 01 12:09:25 2016] [warn] RSA server certificate wildcard CommonName (CN) `*.lxlabs.com' does NOT match server name!?
[Fri Jan 01 12:09:25 2016] [warn] RSA server certificate wildcard CommonName (CN) `*.lxlabs.com' does NOT match server name!?
[Fri Jan 01 12:22:05 2016] [error] [client 162.219.3.3] SoftException in Application.cpp:350: UID of script "/home/admin/woolywishes/index.php" is smaller than min_uid
[Fri Jan 01 12:22:05 2016] [error] [client 162.219.3.3] Premature end of script headers: index.php

some more critical info perhaps?

php 54_(as5.4.45)
type: suphp
apache memory: default

more info through ssh

[root@localhost ~]# apachectl -k stop
httpd: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using localhost.localdomain for ServerName
[root@localhost ~]# service httpd start
Starting httpd: httpd: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using localhost.localdomain for ServerName
                                                           [  OK  ]
« Last Edit: 2016-01-01, 22:03:10 by kransbox »

Offline MRatWork

• Administrator
  • The Elite
    • View Profile
    • MRatWork Forum
« Reply #2 on: 2016-01-02, 01:53:25 »
1. Use hostname with FQDN (full qualified Domain Name). Example: use server1.yourdomain.com instead server1. Set this hostname in provider's vps panel and in /etc/sysconfig/network. After that, run 'sh /script/cleanup'

2. Use php-fpm_event instead suphp because the same secure but more faster

3. Create dns in Kloxo-MR panel and then copy all contents to cloudflare (sure except 'ns record')
..:: MRatWork (Mustafa Ramadhan Projects) ::..
-- Server/Web-integrator - Web Hosting (Kloxo-MR READY!) --

Offline kransbox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-01-02, 02:16:16 »
1. Use hostname with FQDN (full qualified Domain Name). Example: use server1.yourdomain.com instead server1. Set this hostname in provider's vps panel and in /etc/sysconfig/network. After that, run 'sh /script/cleanup'

2. Use php-fpm_event instead suphp because the same secure but more faster

3. Create dns in Kloxo-MR panel and then copy all contents to cloudflare (sure except 'ns record')

Thanks for the engagement.

1. I'm logged into ssh root and I get this error
[root@localhost ~]# /etc/sysconfig/network
-bash: /etc/sysconfig/network: Permission denied

I'm not sure why, or how to get around that.  I'm not sure what my hostname is now.  How can I tell?  I usually do something like  NS1.woolywishes.com  (is that fully qualified?)

2.  Okay, changed it.

3.  Is that option under the advanced section?  The secondary DNS Configures?  Or something else. - I am using Cloudflare free so I'm pretty sure I have to use the DNS servers they give me, right?

I'll be trying to research how to do this while I'm awaiting your reply!  Thanks
« Last Edit: 2016-01-02, 02:32:50 by kransbox »

Offline MRatWork

• Administrator
  • The Elite
    • View Profile
    • MRatWork Forum
« Reply #4 on: 2016-01-02, 02:26:23 »
Yes, NS1.woolywishes.com is fqdn.
..:: MRatWork (Mustafa Ramadhan Projects) ::..
-- Server/Web-integrator - Web Hosting (Kloxo-MR READY!) --

MRatWork Affiliates:    BIGRAF(R) Inc.    House of LMAR    EFARgrafix
Click Here

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.

web stats analysis