Sponsor:

Server and Web Integrator
Link:
Kloxo-MR logo
6.5.0 or 7.0.0
Click for "How to install"
Donation/Sponsorship:
Kloxo-MR is open-source.
Donate and or Sponsorship always welcome.
Click to:
Click Here
Please login or register. 2024-06-17, 17:15:59

Author Topic: DNS Template advice required please  (Read 5400 times)

Offline frogster

• View Profile
DNS Template advice required please
« on: 2013-08-06, 19:09:41 »
Hello

I would like some advice on setting up the dns template please.

I would like to use my server IP address when adding domain names to my kloxo install. The VPS is only used by myself for holding my websites and no other person uses the VPS. I am trying to keep the sosts down so I am trying to eliminate the need for a domain name. I was going to use my server IP address to log into my panel to manage my domains etc.

My question is how do I setup the DNS template to be able to use my server IP without having to setup name servers on a domain.

If it is advised to use a domain and setup name servers then could anyone please provide a quality free domain or subdomain provider that will allow me to use with kloxo and setup nameservers. I see the advantages on using the ns1 nameservers as if I change my VPS provider then all I need to do is to change the IP addresses for Ns1 and it will then automaticall propagate through all of my added domains on my kloxo panel.

Thanks in advance for your help.
« Last Edit: 1970-01-01, 01:00:00 by Guest »
Be Seen to Be GREEN

Offline chrisf

• Senior Master
  • Be the change that you wish to see in the world.
    • View Profile
    • Conviction's Hosting
Re: DNS Template advice required please
« Reply #1 on: 2013-08-08, 20:54:59 »
I am confused?  You want to have a server with no domains pointed at it?  You can just dummy the nameservers in dns template and assign the ip to that website.

So:
Just add ns1.nonameserver and ns2.nonameserver to the template as the nameservers.  Do not worry, if you decide later to go live we can easily rebuild dns.

Then under IP - setup the IP to point to that domain (on your server).  This way if enter xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx your site will come up - no matter what it is called.

I do not understand why you would do this?  You can get a .info or .net for 2 to 4 USD and have custom nameserver.

Hope I helped.
Christopher

Knowledge in: PHP, Perl, MySQL, Javascript, Actionscript, FLASH, HTML, CSS
Server Administrator / Developer: https://convictionshosting.com

Offline frogster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-08-10, 19:41:22 »
Thank you for your reply.

What I am looking to do is to use my VPS just to hold my domains and websites. I am trying to set it up so I dont have to pay 'extra' for a domain name that I am not going to use for a website. I did not want to pay for a domain just to use as a means of accessing my admin panel. Then I found out that you have to setup a DNS template with name servers and that made it a little difficult for me as I am very new to knoxo and VPS so I got a little confused  :oops:  :?

I would be interested to know where you can get .info's or .net's for 2-4 $$

Is that just for 1 year offer or is that a reccuring price each year?

Be Seen to Be GREEN

Offline MRatWork

• Administrator
  • The Elite
    • View Profile
    • MRatWork Forum
« Reply #3 on: 2013-08-10, 19:51:02 »
You can access your website with using 'dummy domain' trick.

Create domain you want (say it, hi.com) in 'admin' and then you can access your website with 'http://ip/~admin' (it's only for first/default domain). So, it's enough for 'testing' your Kloxo-MR.
..:: MRatWork (Mustafa Ramadhan Projects) ::..
-- Server/Web-integrator - Web Hosting (Kloxo-MR READY!) --

Offline zenkul

• Global Moderator
  • Master
    • View Profile
    • home & decor
« Reply #4 on: 2013-08-10, 20:21:00 »
Quote from: "frogster"
Hello

I would like some advice on setting up the dns template please.

I would like to use my server IP address when adding domain names to my kloxo install. The VPS is only used by myself for holding my websites and no other person uses the VPS. I am trying to keep the sosts down so I am trying to eliminate the need for a domain name. I was going to use my server IP address to log into my panel to manage my domains etc.

My question is how do I setup the DNS template to be able to use my server IP without having to setup name servers on a domain.

If it is advised to use a domain and setup name servers then could anyone please provide a quality free domain or subdomain provider that will allow me to use with kloxo and setup nameservers. I see the advantages on using the ns1 nameservers as if I change my VPS provider then all I need to do is to change the IP addresses for Ns1 and it will then automaticall propagate through all of my added domains on my kloxo panel.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I assume you already have a domain name
or even might already have a website that has been running on shared hosting

now you want to set up a VPS with Kloxo-mr
and difficulty setting dns template ???

Am I right  :?:
easy, secure and speed up web panel ===> Kloxo-MR

Offline MRatWork

• Administrator
  • The Elite
    • View Profile
    • MRatWork Forum
« Reply #5 on: 2013-08-10, 20:35:18 »
If already have domain in another server, it's possible delegate certain subdomain to your vps that have Kloxo-MR.

Offline frogster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-08-14, 18:45:03 »
Thank you all for your help and information it is most appreciated. Sorry for the late reply.

The reason why I am interested in using kloxo-mr is that it is compatible with centos 6 but I am willing to use it with centos 5 if it means that I can use less memory. Also I am interested in using the nginx proxy as I have read that nginx proxy setup is good for memory and cpu usage of static files. Most of my sites are static php/html files so it would be perfect for what I require.

I did not know there where tricks that could be used with kloxo to acheive cetain tasks. It would be great if these 'tricks' could be all put in a single forum post for reference?

Thanks all again for your advice it is very helpful. Now I just need to install kloxo and learn how to use it  :)
Be Seen to Be GREEN

Offline MRatWork

• Administrator
  • The Elite
    • View Profile
    • MRatWork Forum
« Reply #7 on: 2013-08-14, 18:54:46 »
What you need to modified dns setting where not able to handle by Kloxo-MR panel?.

MRatWork Affiliates:    BIGRAF(R) Inc.    House of LMAR    EFARgrafix
Click Here

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 22 queries.

web stats analysis